want to share the recipe for rendang Padang! You can try the original Minang Rendang Padang at home. Complete information on rendang Padang seasoning is also available here.
Rendang is one of the favorite menus when visiting Minang restaurants. This beef cooked with various spices brings a distinctive taste that makes you addicted.
This side dish is often served during big holidays such as Eid. You don't need too many side dishes, rendang and warm rice have already become a special meal menu, right?
Instead of just imagining it, just try it at home. Check out the full recipe below.
a. The main ingredient:
- 1.5 kg of meat
- 2 liters of coconut milk from 2 old coconuts
b. Seasonings and spices for how to make rendang padang:
- 2 lemongrass leaves, bruised
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 cm tamarind / gelugur
- 2 turmeric leaves, conclude
c. Ground spices:
- 5 candlenuts
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 100 grams of large red chilies
- 12 shallots
- 100 grams of curly red chilies
- 2 cm ginger, roasted
- 2 cm galangal
- 3 cm turmeric, roasted
- 1/2 tbsp coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cumin, roasted
- Seasoning to taste
How to cook rendang padang with tender meat results:
- Process the meat that has been prepared in advance, cut the rendang meat into cubes or the desired size, just never cut the meat too small to be processed into rendang so that when it is cooked the meat will not crumble.
- Pour the coconut milk into a large skillet, add the lemongrass, shallot slices, tamarind, and turmeric leaves. Stir until the coconut milk boils and make sure the coconut milk that you cook is not broken, for that you have to keep stirring the coconut milk until it boils evenly.
- After the coconut milk is boiling, slowly add the spices that have been mashed into it and occasionally stir for about 20-30 minutes.
- After you see the coconut milk looks oily, it means it is time for you to add the cleaned and cooked rendang using low / medium heat until the coconut milk thickens and dries and the spices soak into the pores of the flesh.
- Continue to cook until the meat is tender and cooked evenly, do not be careless to keep stirring so that the bottom does not burn and the meat does not fail.
- It turns out that it's not difficult to cook the original Minang Rendang Padang? It only takes perseverance, patience and following the original Minang Rendang Padang recipe above, you can serve the very delicious Padang Rendang legendary Minang for your family.